Skip to content
- About 27 trillion gallons of groundwater are withdrawn for use in the U.S. each year. (source: Ground Water Protection Council)
- A gallon of water weighs about 8 pounds.
- The High Plains Aquifer covers eight states and 175,000 miles. (source: U.S. Geological Survey)
- 26% of household water use if for flushing the toilet. (source: American Water Works Association)
- About 25% of all rainfall in the U.S. becomes groundwater. (source: U.S. Geological Survey)
- Water is the only substance on Earth found naturally in three forms - solid, liquid, and gas.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.